Karibu!

Welcome to my blog about my life in Tanzania. My name is Joseph Landry and I am a 22 year old Canadian living in the semi-rural village of Iringa on a 10 month internship. After I graduated with a B.Sc. from the University of Northern British Columbia in beautiful Prince George, BC, I began applying for the Canadian International Development Agency's International Youth Internship Program. I ended up getting a position with a great organization named Emmanuel International as a Primary Health Care Worker in the Amani Training Centre.

So I hope that you enjoy this blog and let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

wewe, sihitaji . . .

So I am already off on another adventure. It seem strange that I should be leaving after having just returned from a trip to southern Africa but I am needing to see my family. Most of you that know me have understood what has happened in the last year to us and if you need more info please message me. Since I have been back I have learned a great deal including the fact that things don't happen the way they do at home. Even though we expected the semester to start at the beginning of Jan it still wasn't started due to the fact that only one quarter of the students arrived. TIA. Anyways love you all and pole (Swahili for: I come along side you in your suffering). I know when I get back things will pick up because the staff have been very supportive. All the best, Thank you for your support.

No comments: